Wild Rice and Mixed Greens Salad
Yields 6 servings
- 1 cup wild rice
- 5 ounces mixed greens, washed & dried
- 1, 15.5 oz. can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 8 dried dates, pitted & chopped
- 1/2 cup cashews, roasted
- 2 large celery ribs, chopped
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. brown sugar
- Salt and pepper
- In a medium saucepan, combine the wild rice with 4 cups of water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 45 minutes or until rice is tender. Drain off any remaining water using a colander. Cool the rice completely before adding it to the salad.
- To make the vinaigrette, whisk the balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl. Slowly add the olive oil while whisking and set aside.
- Add the greens to the vinaigrette bowl and toss to coat. Next, add the chickpeas, dates, cashews, celery, and rice. Gently toss the ingredients until combined. Serve the salad immediately.
Nutrition per serving: 360 calories, 48 g carbohydrates, 16 g fat, 7 g fiber, 10 g protein, 220 mg sodium, 15 g sugar.
Recipe from: thekitchn.com