Jicama Hash Browns
Yields 4 servings
- 1 (1.5 lbs.) large jicama, peeled & grated
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper, ground
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp. butter or olive oil
- Put the grated jicama in a strainer and rinse under cold water for 2 minutes to remove any excess starch. Let drain for 5 minutes then squeeze out any excess moisture.
- Toss the grated jicama with the parsley, onion powder, cayenne, salt, and pepper.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the jicama to the skillet and spread out for even cooking. Cook for 8 minutes without disturbing, then flip and cook an additional 4-8 minutes until lightly brown and crispy. Serve immediately.
Nutrition per serving: 190 calories, 27 g carbohydrates, 25 mg cholesterol, 9 g fat, 15 g fiber, 2 g protein, 230 mg sodium, 5 g sugar.
Recipe from: allrecipes.com